San Antonio Juvenile Defense Attorney
Attorney Ray Taylor began his legal career in the Juvenile Section of the San Antonio District Attorney's Office in 1968. Now he defends South Texas juveniles, working closely with parents to ensure the best possible outcome.
Call San Antonio Juvenile Defense Lawyer Ray Taylor at (210) 807-9916 to arrange a free initial in-office consultation and case analysis. Remember, the key to successful representation is the earliest possible intervention. Ask for a lawyer immediately and then remain silent.
Protecting the interests of young people
A juvenile charge can have tragic consequences that may last a lifetime. Parents need to know that the system will not be looking out for the best interests of their child. That is why you need an experienced Board Certified advocate who will defend the young person's rights and protect his or her future. If your child is about to be or has been charged in juvenile court, Contact an experienced lawyer today to protect his or her rights. Call the San Antonio Law Offices of Ray Taylor & Associates, P.C. to arrange a free initial consultation and case analysis.
Avoid lifetime registration as a sex offender
It is not widely known, but juvenile convictions for sex offenses usually result in lifetime registration as a sex offender.
Avoid certification as an adult if at all possible!
Mr. Taylor understands the changes in attitude toward juvenile justice that have occurred in the past 20 years. The trend is toward harsher punishment and certification of juveniles for trial as adults. Certification and conviction as an adult takes the child out of the juvenile justice system and allows him or her to receive an adult prison sentence of up to 40 years.
How can I help my child?
Attorney Ray Taylor urges parents to remember that their child has rights, including the right to:
- Refuse to speak with law enforcement without legal representation. This right should always be exercised and it cannot be held against the youngster in any way.
- Refuse a social history interview with a psychologist or social worker, which is part of the prosecutor's effort to gain information to have the child transferred to adult court for trial as an adult
- Remember that the professionalism of your lawyer will greatly effect how your child's case is handled. The result can affect the rest of his life, including opportunities for future employment.
Standing up for your child
Ray Taylor is able to develop strategies to help keep a child out of the adult system. Because of his nearly 40 years of experience, he knows which approaches are most likely to succeed in each individual case. Contact him today at our San Antonio law firm. Call (210) 807-9916 to arrange a free initial consultation and case analysis.
- The law now provides that a youngster convicted of a sex crime in juvenile court is subject to sex offender registration for life!
- This catastrophic event effectively ruins the life of a youngster before he has even started his life.
- Our firm makes every effort to avoid this life-ruining outcome.
- Further, juveniles now face up to 40 years in adult prison if convicted of certain crimes.